Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Liberia: The Launch

Matt Storer, Tim Debold and Don Lampe are traveling today to the country of Liberia. (All of the updated are being written by Matt Stoer...me!)

Here are a few things that we would love prayer for:
1. Traveling Sat/Sun (Oct 24-Oct 31) to Liberia. My flights all work on time and that my luggage makes it when I arrive.
2. Spiritual protection over me and two other men traveling with me (Tim and Don from a Calvary Church in Muscatine IA). This country is a spiritually dark nation.
3. Wisdom and discernment: We will be reviewing 3 prospective new projects in a several hour radius including an orphanage, church-based program and a remote school.
4. Encouragement: I will be reviewing our existing school project called locally, Prime System School of Christ. It serves 427 children from 3 years old through 8th grade.
5. Insight/Favor: I will be considering a new idea that is an Agricultural Vocational Center that will be self-sustaining, provide food for our programs and equip older children with skills. THIS is a critical component to my trip. Essentially this involves land acquisition, expertise, creative thinking (like we may have to "produce" our own chicken feed to raise chickens), security…all in a "for-profit" context so that the project doesn't require money to keep it running.

Thank you for praying! I hope to provide updates throughout the week if I have access to the internet. ;-0

-Matt Storer, President of http://www.visiontrust.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment